“A great combination of flavors. Serve with some mashed garlic red potatoes and sweetened green beans for a fabulous special occasion meal. Don’t forget to serve a bottle of Cabernet or Zinfandel.”
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
Prep 15 m
Cook 15 m
Ready In 1 h
- Season steaks with seasoned salt and black pepper, and arrange in a single layer in a large baking dish. In a bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard, and rosemary. Pour mixture over filets, and turn to coat. Marinate for up to 30 minutes.
- While you are marinating the meat, melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook onion slices in butter until soft, then stir in sugar. Continue cooking until onions are caramelized. Set aside.
- Preheat grill for high heat on one side, and medium heat on the other side.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Place steaks on the hot side of the grill, and cook for 10 minutes, turning once. When the steaks are almost done, move to the cooler side of the grill. Top each filet with a quarter of the caramelized onions and blue cheese. Close the lid, and continue cooking until the cheese is melted.
- Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
- Serve with garlic mashed potatoes and sauted sweet green beens, or asparagus.
Click HERE for more information and recipes.