In the great outdoors, we surprise our campmates because they don’t think it’s possible to have standout pizza in the backwoods. This one with zucchini proves our point.
—Jessee Arriaga, Reno, Nevada
- 4 naan flatbreads
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced hard salami, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1. Over each naan, spread 2 tablespoons pesto; top with 1/2 cup mozzarella, 1/3 cup zucchini, 1/4 cup onion and one-quarter of the salami.
- 2. Grill, covered, over medium-low heat until mozzarella has melted and vegetables are tender, 4-6 minutes. Rotate naan halfway through grilling for evenly browned crust.
- 3. Remove from heat. Top each naan with basil and Romano; cut into thirds. Yield: 6 servings.
2 pieces : 391 calories, 24g fat (9g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 1276mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein