Two die in mobile home fire

Bowie Rural Firefighters fought this blaze on FM 1125 and Gate Road Thursday. (Photo by Barbara Green)

By BARBARA GREEN
A tragic mobile home fire that took the lives of an adult and a child Thursday afternoon could have possibly been caused by space heaters.
The early afternoon fire is under investigation by the Montague County Sheriff’s Office and the North Central Texas Arson Task Force.
Bowie Rural Volunteer Fire Department responded to 175 Gate Street at 2:10 p.m. Thursday to find a mobile home fully involved. A large column of black smoke billowed up from the single-wide mobile home as flames shot into the air quickly devouring the home.
Sheriff Marshall Thomas said four people resided in the home and there was information two people may have been inside.The bodies of a man and male child were found in a back bedroom.

Preliminary investigations point to a possible space heater causing the fire, but officials don’t want to speculate until the final autopsy results are available and the investigation complete.

Read the full story in the weekend News.

7 Comments on Two die in mobile home fire

  1. These were my nephew and great nephew I am in such shock I cannot believe this has happen . I got there as fast as I could and told them that my Nephews might be inside the house cause they were suppose be sleeping at the time . To see my sister Crystal Bell and My nephew Nathan Taylor faces when they drove up broke my heart even more . Also my niece Shelon Taylor was there we were all so emotional we all cried we just can’t believe this was happening. May they Rest In Peace. Thank you to all the people who showed up gave us support and thank you Bowie Firefighters And all the others who responded to the call . Thank you to the person who made the 911 call

    • My sincere condolences and heartfelt sympathy to each of you.
      I can not imagine the heartache all of you lived that day.
      My niece is JP’s ex and Preston’s mother.
      Preston was my grand nephew.
      I will forever be grateful to JP for loving his son.
      Preston will always remain in my heart and mind as that happy go lucky blonde haired, dimple faced, blue eyed boy.
      Only God knows why.
      The only comfort I have in my heart about this whole thing…
      JP and Preston are together always in heaven, surrounded by God’s love, and at peace.

  2. I’m so very sorry for this family’s tragic loss.Prayers for all of you can’t imagine what you are feeling. I pray God will comfort you now and yrs down the road

  3. This was my sister, and these two that died in the fire were my Nephew, and my Great Nephew.
    When I got the call my heart dropped, and my heart was in hopes that my 2 love ones weren’t in there.
    Although I wasn’t close to where she lived my heart hurt not to be there to comfort her so I prayed for that comfort. Disbelief in my heart cause you always hear this happen to other people! But never dreamed it’ll happen to yours.
    I know that God well supply all her needs during this rebuilding, and He will mend her broken heart, and I pray that through this terrible ordeal! my sister well be stronger, her testimony well touch many.
    God bless those that have step up and help especially the Bowie firefighters for responding to the 911 call.

Comments are closed.