Chair fire caught just in time to avoid house damage

City of Bowie firefighters responded to smoke coming out of a house at 1105 Roberts about 7 p.m. Aug. 9. After arriving they found an upholstered chair on fire inside the back door of the garage. The chair was pushed outside and put it out, along with blowing the smoke out of the house. Fire Chief Doug Page said the tenant, Kay Chancey, said they were looking for items laying in the chair earlier in the day and a cigarette may have fallen into it causing the fire. There was no damage to the property and the resident was not injured. (BFD courtesy photo)

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*