Grass fire comes very close to homes

Bowie Rural Fire Department responded to a grass fire at 615 Jordan Road at the Buster Tasker property shortly before 1 p.m. Friday. Fire officials indicated it appears the fire started from sparks off a burn barrel. The fire burned in between two houses and went up to a well house causing damage. It came very close to one of the home said one firefighter. Persons are urged to exert extreme caution due to the low humidity and dry vegetation which could provide fuel for a wildfire. (Photo by Barbara Green)