Fire causes significant damage to Bowie home

This frame home at 203 E. Nelson received significant damage from a fire about 12:35 p.m. on Tuesday. City of Bowie firefighters responded to the blaze and found no one at home. Firemen used water and compressed air foam to knock down the flames that centered in the attic. Fire Chief Doug Page said the cause of the fire appears to be accidental where sparks settled into the roof area when new tin was being cut with a grinding wheel. Cody Barker is the reported resident of the home, which was undergoing some remodeling.(Photo by Barbara Green)